Being Kingdom Minded | …pointing you to Jesus
Psalm 102:13 – “Thou shalt arise, and have mercy upon Zion: for the time to favour her, yea, the set time, is come.”
If there is anyone word you dearly need this year, that word is favour.
Favour looks good on the recipient. There is nothing that gives one’s destiny a solid footing like a definite favour.
I am here to tell you that favour is around the corner, and it will show up for you.
What about favour?:
1. Favour puts one first. When it seems all is not well and favour shows up, then one becomes an icon – an icon of favour.
Favour is when the least qualified becomes the most glorified. Esther 2:15 & 17, – 15. “…And Esther obtained favour in the sight of all them that looked upon her.
17. And the king loved Esther above all the women, and she obtained grace and favour in his sight more than all the virgins; so that he set the royal crown upon her head, and made her queen instead of Vashti.”
This year, someone is becoming ‘an icon of favour’.
2. Favour lifts up one’s head. Mary’s testimony in Luke 1:48 did justice to this. But what led to that testimony? Favour! Luke 1:30 – “And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.”
3. Favour preserves from evil. Esther at a time appeared before the king at an odd moment and deserves to die, but the oil of favour on her says no. Esther 5:2
You see, favour does not exonerate labor, it beautifies it. Mary became heavy with child and went into labor. At a time, Esther had to fast so as not to appear before the king full of the ‘flesh’. Esther 4:16
You know those time you appeared when you ought not to. Or deepen your hands in things you shouldn’t have. Perhaps your only explanation as to why you didn’t die even it all looked so is – favour. You escaped on the wings of favour.
4. Favour reserves the best for the last. You know why some people think they are not favoured? Because favour does not make buzz noise or blow siren to draw attention.
In Cana, there was no special announcement that Jesus was in town; yet what He did silence the chair leaders. John 2:10 – “And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.”
You are actually thinking it is over? No friend! Wait! The ‘show’ is about to get underway. I hear ‘Mr. Favour’ is about to perform.
In 2018, open up, get ready to receive favour.